Higher Intermediate English (HIE230905)
Please note the new start time
Have you studied English at school but haven’t used it actively since? Has your English language competence become rusty? This course is aimed at students who have some experience and communicative ability in English and are looking for more fluent and spontaneous use.
This course will help you update your forgotten language skills and give you plenty of practice in speaking English. This course will revise and widen your vocabulary and use of grammar. You will practice using your language skills within a small group, with people at the same level of competence. Your regular practice will increase your confidence and enable you to use your English skills easily and naturally.
- Move towards advanced use of English
- Practise all aspects of English:
- Active: Speaking, Writing
- Receptive: Reading, Listening
- Improve grammar, learn more complex structures, and gain flexibility with your language use
- Interact with students of a similar level
- Build confidence and fluency with interesting and relevant discussion topics
- Discuss a wide range of up-to-date subjects broadening your vocabulary
- Homework and feedback
- Class in English
- Native teacher
Day and time: Tuesday 17:10-18:40
Length of course: 10 weeks from 12.09.23 to 14.11.23
Course location: Finnbrit
“I really enjoyed the lessons and Blake was an amazing, wonderful, and enthusiastic teacher.” Merja, Espoo.
Become a member of Finnbrit and activate your English!
Before booking this course with Finnbrit, you are very welcome to join as a member. Finnbrit membership is available to all. When you become a member, you will gain access to discounts for all of our courses, as well as receiving other membership benefits such as discounts to our private lessons and social events in English. Practice makes perfect, and attending our social events is great way to develop the skills you learn in class.