The Finnish-British Society r.y. Annual General Meeting 2023
Invitation to the Annual General Meeting of the Finnish-British Society r.y.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Finnish-British Society will be held on Thursday 11 May 2023 at 17:30. All Finnbrit members are invited to attend. After the meeting we will enjoy refreshments, each other’s company, and live music from the group Ceol agus Craic.
Please inform us of your attendance by 10 May 2023 by booking a place at this event, by email to email@example.com, or by phone +358 9 687 7020.
The meeting will be held at the Finnbrit premises at Fredrikinkatu 20 A 9, 00120 Helsinki.
17:30 – The Annual General Meeting
The agenda for the meeting is:
1. Opening of the meeting
2. Election of the chairperson, secretary, two scrutineers of the minutes and, if necessary, two tellers
3. Approving of the agenda for the meeting
4. Presenting of the year 2022 financial statements, the annual report, and the auditors’ report
5. Granting or refusal to grant the Council and other responsible parties a release from responsibility
6. Confirming the action plan, the budget, and the membership and joining fees
7. Election of the Council, the chairperson, and two vice-chairpersons
8. Election of one or two auditors and at least one and no more than two deputy auditors
9. Election of any committees or authorising the Council to appoint such committees
10. Other matters presented in the letter convening the meeting. These will include:
• The constitution update
• Restructuring of activities into business and members’ activities
Proposals for any matters to be discussed at the AGM shall be submitted to the Council in writing at the time of registration at the latest.
19:00 – Live music from Ceol agus Craic
About the Council:
The Council has a minimum of six meetings and an AGM every year. The council meetings last for about 1,5 hours at a time and are usually held at the Finnbrit premises. The members of the Council are elected for one year at a time from the AGM to the following AGM. The Council discusses and makes decisions about the activities of Finnbrit, including the social event programme, the use of premises, examination and language services and the Finnbrit’s finances.
If you are interested in joining the Finnbrit Council, please contact Chair of the Council, Niina Lemettilä, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Council of the Finnish-British Society r.y.
24 April 2023