Your safety is of the utmost importance to us. We are doing everything we can to make sure that events at Finnbrit are always organized safely. Below are the actions that you can take!
ATTENDING EVENTS AND COURSES AT FINNBRIT+–
- Please stay at home and do not come to Finnbrit if you are ill
- Symptoms that may indicate a coronavirus infection include a cough, sore throat, fever, shortness of breath, muscle pain, stomach complaints and headache
HYGIENE IS IMPORTANT +–
- Please wash your hands thoroughly when you arrive at Finnbrit
- Please use hand sanitizer frequently. It is available at the entrance, waiting area and the event rooms
- Please cough and sneeze into a disposable tissue or your arm
- Finnbrit follows the Finnish government and official health and safety guidance on the use of face masks. If no official guidelines apply, Finnbrit makes decisions at its discretion, including on an event-specific basis
MAINTAINING SOCIAL DISTANCING+–
- Please remember to keep a safe distance from other participants in all circumstances
- Leave enough room at cloakrooms, reception, refreshment points and when queueing
- Safe distances in accordance with official guidance have been considered in the layout of the premises. For example, test desks are normally set 1,25m from one another. Now the distances have been increased. The maximum number of persons at face to face training is now 10 people and at cultural events 25 people (previously capacity was 40-50 people).
MOVING AROUND AT THE EVENT/COURSE+–
- Please follow the given safety instructions when moving around the premises
- An effort is made to organize access routes so that traffic does not intersect
CLASSROOM / EVENT ROOM ARRANGEMENTS+–
- The number and location of tables are arranged so that sufficient distances are kept between seats
- When drinks and snacks are on offer, students and event guests can help themselves to ready-portioned snacks. Drinks will be poured by a member of staff
- Hand sanitizer is available in every room
- Finnbrit pays special attention to cleaning in both normal and exceptional circumstances
- Particular attention in cleaning is paid to surfaces and items that are touched frequently such as table surfaces, counters, chairs, light switches, door handles, taps, toilet flush buttons, coat racks and payment terminals
- In addition to regular cleaning, every employee at Finnbrit does their part with regard to cleanliness, and reports if any area requires further attention. We encourage our members, test-takers, students and guests to do the same
CANCELLATIONS OR TRANSFERS+–
For each event, a decision to cancel or postpone any event/course will be made by Finnbrit following the guidance from the Finnish officials. We update the information on our website regularly per event. Information on cancellation and transfer policies can be found on our website, terms and conditions.
The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare’s up-to-date communications on the coronavirus situation can be read at: https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates
PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO ENSURE THAT EVERYONE CAN ENJOY THE EVENT WITH PEACE OF MIND. WELCOME TO FINNBRIT!
Finnbrit monitors the coronavirus situation closely+–
Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) – Information, instructions and materials on coronavirus and preparing for the disease: https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases-and-vaccinations/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates You will find information on:
Transmission and protection
Symptoms and treatment
Telephone number for counselling
And links to many useful sites such as
Travelling and coronavirus (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland)
World Health Organization
Regional State Administrative Agencies (AVI) FAQ (in Finnish) / Aluehallintoviraston usein kysytyt kysymykset yleisötilaisuuksien erityisjärjestelyistä TÄÄLLÄ
Finnish National Agency for Education: Education in Finland and the coronavirus https://www.oph.fi/en/education-and-qualifications/education-finland-and-coronavirus
You will find information on e.g.
National certificates of language proficiency (YKI-testit)
Impact on international programmes such as Erasmus+
Advice on the use of masks in the context of Covid-19 HERE
Advice on using protective gloves HERE
Finnbrit monitors the coronavirus situation closely and takes action+–
All our test takers are sent advice before their test to cancel their language test even if the cancellation period has closed if they have any symptoms of Covid-19. Test takers can opt to either transfer their test or receive a refund.
All our personnel, volunteers and members have been advised on prevention of Covid-19, and know their role in doing so, including advising students, test takers and event guests for the same.
1.8.2020 Restrictions regarding number of people at events no longer in force. Finnbrit continues to offer its services to reduced number of persons as follows:
Language testing, computer-delivered IELTS for maximum of 12 candidates
Language testing, paper-based IELTS for maximum of 45 candidates
Face-to-face training for maximum group of 10 students
Face-to-face cultural events for maximum group of 25 guests
16.7. – 31.7.2020 Finnbrit on summer holiday
1.6. – 15.7.2020 Finnbrit arranged paper-based IELTS testing with a maximum number of 44 test takers and 6 staff members to comply with the government restrictions of maximum 50 people. Few individual tutoring sessions took place.
15.5.2020 – 31.5.2020 Finnbrit piloted the new computer-delivered IELTS testing with 7 candidates and 3 staff members to comply with the government restrictions of maximum 10 people. No face to face training or cultural events took place.
18.3.2020 – 15.5.2020 Finnbrit closed. Finnbrit followed the guidance given to schools to close and the meeting restrictions of maximum 10 people. No face to face training, testing or cultural events took place.